Sunday, December 21, 2008

Almost Christmas

2 days before the Big Day! or 3 days for ya'll on the other side of the International Date line!

It's different celebrating Christmas in the summertime and considering the weather reports we've seen from North America in the last several days, maybe it's not so bad! It will be almost 80*F here all week with possibly a chance of thunderstorms and hopefully some welcome rain. A dip in our swimming pool will be a most unusual Christmas day activity!

I am including a picture of our great new Christmas tree we bought a couple of weeks ago. Since we are in "tropical Queensland" (that's what some of the license plates say) we thought we should have tropical Christmas tree.

I also found a wonderful new children's Christmas book - An Aussie Night before Christmas. Santa's sleigh is a "ute" (truck) and pulled by 8 kangaroos, of course! I especially love their names:

Now, Kylie! Now, Kirsty! Now, Shazza and Shane!

On, Kipper! On, Skipper! On, Bazza and Wayne!

In it, Santa is wearing an Hawaiian shirt, red shorts, thongs and has sunburned cheeks. It's where I got the idea for Roy's costume, we just reversed it.

copyright rules prohibit me from quoting more.
I can't figure out how to download it to this blog but check out Aussie Jiggle Bells on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHOvMpp3ma4
funny and very Aussie.
Our annual Christmas letter/card will be a little late this year - more like a New Year's card, but it's coming, we promise!
We love you all and miss you very much.
May we be as the Wise Men and seek Him whose birth is the true reason for this season.
Merry Christmas to all and God bless us everyone!

1 comment:

Narnie's Notations said...

Hi Roy and Debbee - I found your blog! As I write this, it's just after 10:00pm Christmas Day. It was fun having you here this evening. Alex is still here - playing board games with our kids - lots of laughter coming from the living room! Don't know when he plans to go home - maybe we'll have to keep him overnight! It was fun reading some of your posts. The one about driving in Australia was particularly amusing, especially as we'd just been discussing my US driving experiences!! Love - Jill