Monday, February 8, 2010

January projects

How do you like our new look? Mary is here for a visit (more about that later) and has been helping me find all these fun free backgrounds.
January was quiet after the holidays and down right chilly outside so I thought - what a great time for another jigsaw puzzle - and we've had this one kicking around for awhile....... now I know why! This was the hardest puzzle we've ever done! 1000 pieces. Our 2nd granddaughter Gracie has a birthday in February so I needed to get busy on her big-girl bed quilt if I was going to be able to send it home with her after their visit. Found some great fabric on our San Antonio trip so in between the puzzle and teaching Young Women's, (the 12 year old girls in our Church's youth group) I managed to get this done. I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.













Will be making another quilt for Isaak next month; I feel bad; his will be a little tardy for his also February birthday. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait as I designed it myself to include a lot of his favorite things.

1 comment:

Narnie's Notations said...

The jigsaw puzzle is impressive - Sue Antuar would be proud of you!

Of course, the quilts you make are impressive too - they're beautiful.