On May 5th, we dropped Alex at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. To tell you the truth, I wasn't too wild about this new curb side check-in idea but I have to say in hindsight it was very well organized and worked out for the best.
If you haven't already heard, Alex will be serving in the California Roseville mission. The mission home is in Antelope, California and the mission boundaries stretch from there almost to the Oregon border, east to Soda Springs (the crest of the Sierra Nevada mountains), west to the Coast Range; pretty much all of the northern central valley of Northern California.
The mission has a blog: http://californiarosevillemission.blogspot.com
As of right now Elder Woodward's address for mail is the mission home, or will be after May 26th.
Elder Alexander Sindel Woodward
8583 Watt Ave.
Antelope, CA 95843-9117
his email address is: alexander.woodward@myldsmail.net
I was going to be super ambitious and do a separate blog for him, but in all honesty, I can barely keep this blog up to date, so that just isn't going to happen. So stayed tuned for Elder Woodward updates here.
We've already heard from him and he is doing great. He said it took him about an hour to adjust to living fulltime in a suit but I think it was at least a whole day. So far he's been able to attend the Provo Temple and hear Elder Holland speak (lucky duck!). He also reports the food isn't too bad.
We're very proud of him and his preparation getting ready to go. Please write to him if you get a chance and I'll try to update this as much as possible. It will be so much fun hearing of his experiences and we're very blessed to have such a wonderful son.
No comments:
Post a Comment