Friday, October 15, 2010

Some Fall thoughts

I love Fall! because:
  • the cooler temps
  • Halloween candy (too much!)
  • College football - we can't decide who to cheer for since moving to Texas; the University of Texas Longhorns ("hook 'em horns!") or the Texas A&M Aggies since Roy was accepted there for his Ph.D long, long ago. (we chose to attend the University of California at Davis instead for many reasons and became Cal Aggies). We definitely cheer for BYU all the time though.
  • colorful leaves; yes we do have a little color here but nothing like New England or even Wisconsin, sigh......
  • the thought of making some yummy apple pie, cobbler or cake! or pumpkin recipes - especially LaRee's spicy pumpkin bread!
  • finally, the thought of making soup or chili is not a crazy idea
  • good-bye to Daylight Savings with an extra hour of sleep!
  • General Conference - We thank thee O God for a Prophet!
  • but the best is the MLB baseball playoffs and the World Series! Come on Giants! and the Texas Rangers! beat those Yankees! you might remember I hate the Yankees!!!
I recently finished a big boy quilt for my oldest grandson Isaak. It has lots of things he likes: motorcycles, construction equipment, music, camping and any kind of sports ball. I wish I had known about the Batman request when I was fabric shopping......Here is a sneak peek before we deliver it to him in a few weeks.


This is the back and when I asked him what was his favorite color for the binding? Black.

1 comment:

Kelli Hawkes said...

Your quilt turned out very cute! I'm glad you posted pics so I could see the final project!