It's June and that means.......
Girls Camp!
Our Stake attended a new Camp this year - Camp Holy Wild; just north of Humble, so only a 5minute drive from the Church. It is owned by some wonderful new Baptist friends who went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.
The best part about the new Camp? (at least for us adults....) AIR CONDITIONED cabins! It was wonderful. and indoor plumbing. Hardly camping LOL! The weather cooperated beautifully; not too too hot and only had rain on the way home.
Tom T. came in very handy for hauling most of the gear. Many thanks to Kristin and Alex for doing all the loading.
This year's theme was: Oh the Places You'll Go (Dr. Seuss). Our cabin was: "Westfield Ward hears a Who".
 |
| Home sweet Home, cabin 11 |
Did we have a little drama? Of course. It's Girls Camp. To sum it up: We had great highs and great lows. To quote Forest, "and that's all I'm going to say about that".
 |
| first day |
 |
| crazy hair day (Kristin and Alex) |
 |
| Crafty cool Mia Maids |
 |
| Silly Hat day (Kristin, Stacey, Cassidy, Avri and Alex) |
 |
| Fun Skit night - Rena |
 |
| Alex and friends |
 |
| Mavi |
One afternoon I taught a workshop on Service. Roy gave me the great idea to have the girls put their hand-prints and sign their names on an old sheet. It turned out to very popular. One of the other leaders told me it was "inspired". I was glad to help and that the girls liked it. Many thanks to Bishop Pergler for all his help.
The second greatest thing about the new Camp was their 300' zip line and of course I had to try it!
 |
| my zip line partner Kristin |
Now I have to say: this looked like a breeze from the bottom as we cheered everyone else on. Then it came time to make good on my promise, harness up and climb up the four story tower to the take-off platform. Now it didn't look so easy. I think I am a pretty brave girl but I had serious second thoughts about this. Only knowing that Kristin was waiting for me to GO kept me from chickening out. Come to find out she was thinking the same thing about me! LOL!! How I took that first step is still a mystery to me. The first 25' were scary. Did I open my eyes? Cannot remember.
Then it got fun. Very fun. I was not as brave as upside down Kristin. But seeing that I had just had back surgery one month before, I figured just letting go of the line was good enough.
Yes. Very crazy.
 |
| Our good Bishop Petrakovitz |
The Bishop's skit was very funny.
 |
| Devon Workman |
Devon was a great villain!
 |
| Westfield Ward 2012 |
No comments:
Post a Comment