Alex left Brisbane this last Wednesday to begin summer term at BYU Provo next week. Needless to say, the house is very quiet as I write this. Thank goodness for my good pal Rio to keep me company.We really worried before we left Wisconsin last June if pulling him out of his Senior year in American High school was the right thing to do but I think I can safely say, he's had a great year here. We're very proud of him for finishing his Senior year through BYU Independent Study; he learned self discipline and that home school can be a bit lonely at times. He tells us that watching Law and Order and West Wing reruns helped him pass Government. yikes! Roy and I would also like to acknowledge if we haven't already, what a huge help he has been in this whole adventure, and I'm afraid to think how we will manage without him next time. We've appreciated his muscles, hard work and electronic know-how. Pretty sad when you have to write down the directions how to switch between the DVD player and the TV.


Not to mention, he's a pretty fun guy to have around.
But it hasn't been all work and no play - he's enjoyed zipping around Brisbane on our little Vespa which he named Tug. (remember we name all our vehicles). 
So we will miss you Favorite Son, love you very much and look forward to hearing of your very own new adventures. Stay tuned!

Not to mention, he's a pretty fun guy to have around.
So we will miss you Favorite Son, love you very much and look forward to hearing of your very own new adventures. Stay tuned!
2 comments:
Wow, you are now officially empty nesters. Wierd but I guess it is getting you ready for the mission. I am not ready for that phase of life, at least, not yet. I've been thinking about your family alot lately cuz Michael Nelson just left wednesday for his mission. He is going to Sydney. You make Australia sound great and I was telling him that he would love it because the Woodwards do.
That is so exciting! I hope that Alex enjoys it there. Let us know ho w he is doing!
Post a Comment