Gladstone is a small city with a population of about 30,000; much, much smaller than Brisbane. It owes it existence to it's deep water harbor where very large ships can be loaded with coal for example.
On Sat. on our way to the beach towns of Yeppoon and Emu Park, we drove north past the larger town of Rockhampton or as the locals affectionately call it, "Rocky" - now you don't see a welcome sign like that everyday! That is one big cow!
More wonderful road signs! (but we didn't see any.)
This "Singing Ship" had hollow pipes and when the wind whistled through them, it made the coolest, eeriest sound!
Fantastic views too! Those are islands off in the distance.
On Sunday after attending the Gladstone Branch's Sacrament meeting, we drove almost 2 hours South to another beach town -1770, so called because the revered James Cook of the Royal Navy landed there, guess when?
Roy also found 2 new birds so you know it was a really good weekend.
2 comments:
You have the most interesting adventures. I just love seeing the pictures of all the cool things that you get to see that I know I never will.
Sounds like you had a good weekend :) I've taken the Tilt Train up to Bundaburg before, it's actually pretty comfortable, hey?
Post a Comment