Please, no offense to our wonderful Aussie friends but about Vegemite; in one word - it's pretty awful. Just in case you're wondering..... it is made from leftover brewers' yeast extract, a by-product of beer manufacturing, and various vegetable and spice additives. The taste may be described as salty, slightly bitter, and malty - somewhat similar to the taste of beef bouillon. The texture is smooth and sticky, much like peanut butter. It is not as intensely flavoured as the British Marmite and is less sweet than the New Zealand version of Marmite.
(thank you Wikipedia).
A favorite breakfast is the above - Vegemite on toast. and I'm also told that Vegemite goes well with cheese spread, kind of like our peanut butter and jelly. Haven't tried it.
I must also say that Alex likes Vegemite - took some to Provo with him and has been having fun attempting to convert his roommates; so far no luck.
3 comments:
Vegemite is GOOD!! Lol,even my dog loves it :D
My daughter is right - Vegemite is wonderful! When you're raised on the stuff, you love it!
I like Vegemite, but it's certainly strong stuff, so I can understand people not liking it.
There are hardy souls who will eat it with a spoon and enjoy it, but I am not among them. And there are unfortunate souls who have been tricked into eating it with a spoon, but that's really just cruel, not funny.
Post a Comment