Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 2011 - part two




From Florida it was on to a week in chillier Northern Virginia with Becky, Gerald, Scout, Isaak, and Ellie. It was fun to supervise Scout doing some homeschool, hear Isaak practice violin as he started lessons in January, watch swim lessons and I so enjoyed reading aloud at bedtime to Scout and Isaak. (Super Fudge by Judy Blume) Ellie is almost 2 and it was cute to hear her answer most questions with "sure". She and I also read many books together; why her favorite book seemed to be about a baby pig growing up is still a mystery.
We enjoyed a great day in Baltimore at the National Aquarium; especially the dolphin show and the special exhibit on Australia!














My "adventure" for this trip was a fun day/aka "field trip" with Scout as I was determined to try again to see the Library of Congress. So away we went on the bus and Metro into

"the District" and three cheers, we made it!





What an incredibly beautiful building, not to mention all
the books, maps and other treasures there. To me, it is the crown jewel of DC or at least a very close second to the Smithsonian museums.


I was also able to give Scout a sewing
lesson and she and I together made pillowcases for all 3 kids. She was a good student and even though Becky's sewing
machine was a little grouchy, she did a great job. It was a good team effort with Isaak cutting threads.
I came home, developed bronchitis and spent the next 2 weeks recovering with the kittens who are now half grown cats and acting like teenagers. I am quite proud of myself for finally figuring out how to download an Ebook from our library to my Ipad, which I read during said recovery.
So I pass along a good book recommendation: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. Excellent book!

No comments: