Roy worked long days, I went grocery shopping, enjoyed cooking his dinner and we went to Church. It was interesting to once again watch the Australian Olympics coverage ; I did not realize how much I missed seeing the United States teams, but not Bob Costas!
Found this beautiful mosaic in a local park.
I read a great book about John Flynn, a Presbyterian minister who started the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Australia in 1928; such a blessing to the families living in the vast Outback.
I also made a new Amish style wall hanging, which I don't have a picture to share because at this writing, it is being quilted by a long arm quilter.
We spoke in Sacrament meeting in the large Darwin branch. They had asked Roy earlier and once again, he volunteered me too! I thought their outdoor font was such a clever idea in this tropical climate.
| Darwin Chapel |
| An outdoor baptismal font in their beautiful courtyard. |
I went swimming in this beautiful 50m public pool twice a week. Doing laps in a 50m pool took some real getting used to, let me tell you! Those laps seemed vvvveeeerrrryyy long at first.
Twice I rode my bike 10 miles one way to a great quilt shop - Dragonfly fabrics. Happy girl!
We enjoyed wandering through the Sunset Mindil market; such an wonderful variety of yummy food to sample.
No comments:
Post a Comment