
This Summer and Fall I re-read two beloved childhood favorites, only this time finishing the complete series, having read aloud several of each when my kids were little.
The Chronicles of Narnia. I enjoyed some better than others; my favorites were The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Last Battle. C.S. Lewis had so many amazing insights into Christian truths.
My favorite in The Little House on the Prairie Collection is Farmer Boy. The entire series is a wonderful look into life on the American frontier in the late 19th century. I found it amusing though that Mrs. Wilder never mentioned the family having an outhouse. Lol!
Two adult books that I especially enjoyed lately are:
Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks. This is based on a real person, Caleb, the first Native American to graduate from Harvard in 1665. I just love historical fiction.


The Rent Collector is the best book I've read in a long, long time. Based around a real family living in a dump in Cambodia; it is about hope and redemption. I highly recommend it.

Had to get ready for the movie, so re-read The Hobbit, only this time, reading the Annotated version. It was so interesting to read the side notes about John Ronald Reuel Tolkien; where he got ideas, his education, letters to friends, poetry. The man was a genius, it is just that simple.
Roy recently enjoyed:
and
Baseball or history and he is one happy guy.
On a serious note -
I have learned so much from:
and
No comments:
Post a Comment