If it's October it must be visitin' time for this MeMa.
First stop: Northern Virginia and Becky's family. Mom is off to a work convention in Phoenix so I went to help Gerald keep everyone fed, in clean clothes, get to lessons and school. It was a busy week.
 |
| Isaak, Ellie, Mema and Scout |
 |
| violin lesson |
 |
| Scout and her fantastic teacher, Miss June |
 |
| New Cub Scout Isaak |
 |
| Guess what Ellie was learning about at Pre-School this month? |
 |
| We redeemed those birthday Build-A-Bear gift cards |

With all this work we needed a little adventure.... did I say the kids skipped school for a day? I had parental permission, I swear! So off we went to the Port Discovery Children's Museum in Baltimore for a very fun day! I freely admit to being more than a little stressed driving and navigating by myself in the rain, but we made it through without getting lost, in good time even. (the power of prayer!) We had a great day there, as you can see. Coming home was a different matter: 3 hours. Gotta love Washington DC traffic.
 |
| Don't you think she looks too comfortable? and will doing the real thing before we know it! |
 |
| Queen Ellie |
 |
| Muscle man Isaak! |
 |
| Ellie |
 |
| Scout |
Wish they would work like this at home! LOL!
 |
| Isaak and a BIG bubble! |
Gerald had a gig playing with the McLean Symphony and provided tickets for Scout and I to attend his wonderful concert.
 |
| Gerald (in the beard) |
Next stop: home to Houston to see to Rio and Gus, attend to my shifts at the Temple and Distribution Center. Time enough also to sort mail, do a load of wash and repack. Thank you Vanessa for house-sitting.
Last stop: Mary's family in Orlando for a long weekend. Mary was in need of some adult conversation as Stuart was working out of town all month. Glad to help!
We had a fun afternoon at a new playground after school one day.
 |
| King and Queens of the play structure! |
 |
| Miss Katy and Mom |
 |
| Funny boy Zach |
 |
| Gracie |
I still marvel when I see her doing things like this and again, give a silent thanks to Almighty God and modern medicine.
 |
Well loved Croc sandals from Grandpa
|
 |
| Cannot come to Orlando with a visit to this Happy Place. Thank you once again Emily. |
 |
| Gracie and I on the Dumbo ride |
 |
| Look who is below us! |
 |
Zach and the evil Zurg!
|
A fun afternoon visiting another favorite Mouse....
 |
| Gracie |
 |
| Zach |
This picture is a small miracle; Miss Kathryn does
not like her picture taken so you have to be fast! I got lucky.
 |
| Katy |
 |
Gracie, Katy, Mema and Zach
WOW!! Katy smiling!!! this is like a parting of the Red Sea miracle! lol. |
No comments:
Post a Comment