So Roy will be the FermiLab on-site ES&H manager for the LBNF-DUNE - Long-Baseline Neutrino Facility - Deep Underground Neutrino Experiment - project at the Sanford Underground Research Facility in Lead, South Dakota. (he is actually a DOE employee - Department of Energy).
Here is the website for FermiLab Home: www.fnal.gov
look for the Small Particles, Big Science: The International LBNF/DUNE Project. (Long Baseline Neutrino Facility).
What exactly is a Neutrino? A very small atomic particle. Simply, the FermiLab in Chicago is going to shoot neutrinos and we are going to catch them here 700 miles away in the Black Hills.
They are working in the Ross shaft of the old Homestake Mine in Lead, down 4,850 ft underground and will be constructing 4 huge chambers with to catch those little neutrinos. These chambers will be 60' high, 90' wide and 100 yards long with an Argon gas tank in each one.
We also made a quick house hunting trip to SD in October and bought this beautiful home in the Boulder Canyon subdivision between Deadwood and Sturgis. We are super excited to be living in the country. A 15 minute drive to work for Roy and about the same to Church in Sturgis.
with these big changes coming, I came home to Texas in November to "set our house in order" to sell. It was a herculean task and looking back at it, I can hardly believe I did it by myself as Roy had to stay in Alabama/Georgia to work. All I can say, it was Grace. Pure grace. A few friends came over to help one afternoon and evening and I greatly appreciated their help. A big shout out to our wonderful realtor Kim Kindred and her team and handyman extraordinaire Dave Bullock. . I could never have done it without my box-and-stuff moving boys - Brighton and Sterling Jensen. So many thank yous.
| Brighton and Sterling Jensen |
| stage one of the garage. |
| it was a little sad to see this sign go in |
| Grandpa at the beach. lol. |
Next stop: the western edge of EverGlades National Park near Naples, and a super fun jet boat ride.
yes, I know.. everyone is squinting but it was great light for the pictures.
We missed this little cutie though: (I love this picture!)
| Rosie |
| Diagon Alley |
| the Night Bus |
| Gringotts - the Wizard's bank |
| Need a wand? |
| the entrance to Diagon Alley |
| the Hogwarts Express - A GREAT ride! |
| the sign says "Hogsmeade" |
We celebrated Rosie Jean's first birthday - HaPpY BiRtHdAy Pretty Girl. We love you!
We did enjoy a yummy Thanksgiving dinner together from Cracker Barrel. Not as good as homemade but an easy way to go on this busy weekend.
A sweet time with Grandpa and Gracie


No comments:
Post a Comment