Last week our Ensign, New Era and my quilting magazine finally caught up with our address change. It's truly amazing how many things we take for granted until you don't have it. I mean, the Ensign just shows up every month, right? I was mildly surprised how glad I was to hold 2 back issues in my hand and needless to say, have already read them cover to cover.
The great news is that our "stuff" we shipped over here has finally arrived at the port in Brisbane. Did we mention it was coming by steamship? For a while the shipping company wasn't quite sure where it was. Roy and I both looked at each other and said, "repeat after me, don't panic!" Why it came via the Panana Canal is still a mystery to us. Now it is in the hands of Australian Customs, which hopefully won't take too long.... I cannot wait to get my sewing machine! how many days until Christmas? Sorry to bring that up.
Have I mentioned that Australia uses the metric system? Now that has been and will continue to be a challenge for a while; to convert my recipes from cups, lbs, and tbs. into grams, kilograms and milliliters. Thank goodness for measuring cups that have both! Makes me also wish I had paid more attention in Science class as we learned the metric system! And just to keep life really interesting: temperatures are in Centigrade rather than in Fahrenheit. So the outside temp today was 21*C and you bake cookies about 180*C. I am quickly learning that "about" is close enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment