My congratulations to President Elect Obama; I listened to his acceptance speech and was very impressed with his message and patriotism.
In case you're wondering, yes, Roy and I both voted a couple of weeks ago with absentee ballots from Wisconsin. Due to time constraints with snail mail and one very large ocean, our ballots were emailed to us (thank you to the city clerk in Franklin, WI); we printed them, along with the little certificate swearing whose ballot this was and witnessed by each other. We then sealed them and put them in a large manila envelope to mail. Not exactly the easiest thing to do, but well worth it. We both feel every strongly about what a real privilege it is to vote.
I'm so very proud of my home state of California and the victorious passage of Proposition 8!
I may be living in Australia; and enjoying this adventure of experiencing this beautiful, vast country and friendly people, but bottom line, I am an American and fiercely love my country! I brought with me my 76 US flag (officially called the Bennington flag) to hang in my office/sewing room to remind me of all that it stands for.
I treasure 2 pieces of paper: my Temple Recommend and my blue United States of America Passport.
To borrow a few lines from Lee Greenwood:
"I'm proud to be an American....
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A"
1 comment:
I'm glad you got to vote. And you are still proud to be an American! I was wondering. I was under the impression that you would have voted for McCain. What has made you an Obama fan?
Post a Comment