It is: The Guernsey Literacy & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

I just love books that make you want to go visit a place - now I must add the Channel Islands in the English Channel to my "Places to see before I Die" list.
Now you might wonder what other places are on my list? To name a few and the book that inspired it:
Florence Italy - Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone
The Louvre Museum in Paris - The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
Rome, Italy - Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
The Smokey Mountains of North Carolina - The Mitford Series by Jan Karon
Israel - the New Testament
The Highlands of Scotlands - The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon
Medora and Theodore Roosevelt National Park, North Dakota - Mornings on Horseback by David McCullough
The Yorkshire Dells in England - All Creatures Great and Small - by James Herriott
2 comments:
Thank you for the recommendation! Can't wait to look into it. Thanks for being in our virtual book group, by the way.
Thanks for the book recommendation. I really am in need of a good book.
Post a Comment