Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Forgot one


As usual I forgot one of our neighborhood birds that we see all the time - just zooming past (and I do mean zooming - flying super fast!), so you just see a flash of bright color. Occasionally you'll find one feeding - sitting still- and you can get a closer look. maybe. When some palm fruit was ripe (?) in one of our backyard trees just off our veranda, there were about 10 at once, almost like this picture - it was amazing! and noisy! Even when you can't see them, you can sure hear them!
Roy is having a great time adding Aussie birds to his bird list; he usually has his binoculars on any walk or adventure we take. It's a really great day when he sees new birds!

1 comment:

H. said...

Those birds are so COOL! I would love seeing those guys in my yard (well maybe not hearing them, especically baby Frank). Wow, what a fun place for you to be.