Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gracie


As many of you may know or have guessed, I am currently in Orlando Florida visiting with Mary, Stuart, Gracie and cute little Zachary. It's been especially fun spend lots of time with Gracie who is now a healthy, very active 2 year old. She has fully recovered from her life-saving surgery of 11 months ago and her new liver is functioning 100%. What a God-given miracle! I watch her with an amazed and grateful heart. She has been very good with the new baby, not too jealous but I think she can't quite decide if she likes him or not.
She has blue eyes with Grandpa's long eyelashes and long brunette hair that is naturally curly, lucky girl! She loves going to Nursery on Sundays.

Gracie also loves any and all of the Disney Princesses with Ariel being her favorite, I think. Needless to say "The Little Mermaid" is her favorite movie; she wants to watch it everyday. I was amazed to discover I still get teary at the end when Ariel kisses her father. She also loves bubble baths and her dog brother Max. More about that later.
I've watched more Sesame Street than I have in years; very fun to see the new Muppet characters, my favorite being Murray with his sheep friend (pet?) that speaks Spanish. Somehow comforting to still see Oscar, Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Maria, Luis and Gordon. Too much Elmo though; his voice gets on my nerves after a while.




1 comment:

H. said...

I'm so happy that Gracie is 100% better. I know it was touch and go for awhile. What great pictures of her with Max. I'm glad you are having a good time together. P.S. Did you get a kick out of all the new ward(s) news?