I can't believe I'm doing this;
A - because I'm agreeing with the Oscar for Best Movie & Director (actually all 8) - a first in several years; (well, since Return of the King)
B - I haven't seen an R rated movie in too many years to remember and I will not make it a habit, but we had heard and read several reviews to know that it didn't deserve an R rating. Just as movies like "Chicago" deserved greater than a PG-13 rating; I saw the cleaned up version and that was too racy for me! anyway ---
I would recommend you see "Slumdog Millionaire".
Roy and I went and saw it this afternoon and enjoyed it very much. It has some violence but not overdone, suspense and a little romance. Roy has been to India a couple of times and he says it is a very accurate depiction of India (where it was entirely filmed); the poverty, scenes of waste, crowds, kids begging, and incredible beauty. He also says it's an interesting view into a different world that makes one realize the challenges India faces. I say it's great to see a kid and young man that overcomes so much by hard work, sheer determination, and doing the right thing several times over.
I'd be interested in hearing what others think.
No comments:
Post a Comment