I've had a wonderful visit here - some hanging out, a few adventures and a little excitment one morning. The weather has been great - not too hot, not too cold, almost the same as when I left Auz. The chill of late Winter/early Spring up north will be almost a shock - I haven't worn long pants in about 6 months.
We were able to see the Space Shuttle Discovery launch from Mary's back yard last week - it was very cool!
I was able to do a session the Orlando Temple this morning - it is so beautiful, inside and out!
It goes without saying that I've had a great time playing with Gracie and cuddling Zachary.
Zach now weighs well over 10 lbs and agreed to model some new duds on his quilt.
I find it very ironic that I have lived in a country that is home to 8 of the 10 most poisonous snakes in the world for the past 8 months but have yet to see a snake, period. I come to Florida and within 2 weeks - we found this guy 10 feet from Mary's front door! Pretty sure it was a water moccasin. The complex manager safely removed him to over by the lake.
YIKES!!!!
Now you may be wondering what Roy and Alex have been up to while I've been gone. They had a great adventure trip to Guadalcanel in the Solomon Islands just after I left. Alex promises to write an article, sometime soon.........
Roy is working long hours on a pre-construction site near Gladstone (about 5 hours north of Brisbane) preparing all the environmental specs. The Aborigines on site taught him to stand like a native.

Alex is currently in Southern Australia out in the bush helping a grad student friend with her field work research - trapping possums. Hopefully he'll write about that too with some great stories. He'll be home just before Easter.
1 comment:
How fun for you to be able to visit both girls with new babies! Your trip sounds so delightful, however, that snake experience would have done me in for a long time! I still hate them!
Post a Comment