Wednesday, January 1, 2014

T - 4 weeks and counting down.....

After I returned home from Florida, I really got crazy busy.  4 weeks till we leave for Alex and Ashlee's wedding in Logan, Utah.
Busy making and trying to complete a To-Do list that kept cloning itself overnight!  Stop it!!
Busy completing an online college class. I have decided to take BYU up on their offer to "Finish what you started at BYU"  and get a degree in General Studies.  I am thinking this will be a perfect occupation for me in Turkey.  But first I had to complete and pass a Student Development pre-class to be admitted to the Bachelor of General Studies program.  This took pretty much any free time I had from mid September to mid November.  
Busy packing. The great sorting, thinning, organizing around the house began and the pile of "what to ship" to Turkey was born.  Since we plan to rent a furnished apartment, we didn't need to take much, but somehow that pile began to get a little bigger everyday. Wait, where did the pile upstairs come from?!! How it turned into a dozen boxes is still a mystery to me. Or not......
Busy unpacking Roy's shipment from Australia. Thankfully most of it went directly into the Turkey pile.  Thank you Karen for helping me unpack and organize that mess.
Busy getting the house ready. Since we are keeping our house in Houston, the big question was, how to make that work? The tender mercies of the Lord sent us our neighbor and friend Vanessa who volunteered to live in it for us.  Works great for both of us!





Busy making wedding/travel/trip preparations. Ashlee, bless her heart, did most of the work, but there was still my To-Do list: motel reservations for our family, confirm the photographer, what about Thanksgiving dinner, and most important: what am I going to wear?! To name a few. If you know me and shopping, this was a major undertaking (I hate to clothes shop!).
Didn't I say I was crazy busy? Just a little.
I did take a day off to attend the International Quilt Show (excuse me) Festival, in Houston with my longtime friend, Robin.

Then before I knew it, the packers were on my doorstep. Dëjä vu. Bigtime.















The second Sunday in November our Westfield Ward was split and combined with part of the Olde Oaks Ward to form the new Ponderosa Ward, so I was released from my calling in the Westfield Ward Relief Society Presidency and live in the new ward.  These were wonderful friends to work with.
Jean, me, Julayne and Crystal.
Sadly it was time to start saying good-bye.  At least for awhile.
Westfield Book Group.
Christine, Leslie, Joel and Crystal, Rhea
Stacie, Marilyn, Corrine. me















Ya-Ya Book Group in The Woodlands
Denise, Ruthie, me, Lara, Lorraine, Alida, Marilyn, Leslie, Darci,  Rachel
I resigned from my volunteer shift on Thursday at the Distribution Center with Jeanne.
Christmas luncheon














Resigned my Temple Wednesday midday shift and attended the Temple Workers Christmas Devotional.  My wonderful shift coordinators, Jerry and Donna.

To say I will miss them all is putting it mildly.  Thankfully it is not forever.


No comments: