Today is our 36th wedding anniversary. We have a funny story about anniversary gifts that I would like to share since now there is a part two to add.
On our 20th or 21st anniversary I gave Roy this:
and he gave me a shower head. It was a really nice shower head but unfortunately we left in California when we sold our house there. I've had a great time for 15 or so years telling that story. Until this year. Because earlier this month, my wonderful husband bought me this:
and I gave him homemade cookies; that I actually forgot to give him. (they were in the freezer!) So now maybe for the next many years it's Roy's turn to have a great story to tell. Thank you my Love. I love my new truck, and if you know us, you know we name our vehicles. His name is: Thomas Texas Truck or affectionately called Tom T.
36 years. Where has the time gone? Can we really be this old? Sometimes I sure feel it.
Thank You my dearest Love for a wonderful life. I look forward to another 36 and many more. Thank you also for the beautiful flowers; I love them!
Remember When by Alan Jackson - modified.
Remember when I was young so were you
time stood still love was all we knew
You were the first, so was I
Remember when
Remember when we vowed the vows walked the walk
Gave our hearts, made the start, it was hard
lived and learned, life threw curves
There was joy, there was hurt
Remember when
Remember when old ones died new were born
life was changed, disassembled, rearranged
Remember when
Remember when the sound of little feet was the music
We danced to week to week
Remember when
Remember when thirty seemed so old
Now lookin' back, it's just a steppin' stone
To where we are, where we've been
Said we'd do it all again
Remember when
Remember when we said when we turned gray
When the children grow up and move away
We won't be sad, we'll be glad
For all the life we've had
And we'll remember when



No comments:
Post a Comment